This Potato Salad with String Beans recipe should be serve before the meal like any salad.
It’s a rather heavy salad so the portions should be a little smaller if you want to get through the rest of the meal.
SERVING: 4 – 8 people
- 2 pounds of small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 pound of string beans
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tbls of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Add the string beans and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and string beans and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place then in a large bowl.
- Mix in the string beans.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, red onion, garlic and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes and string beans and refrigerate until chilled.
- The potato salad is now ready to be served!