The Italian Penne Rosa. Simple and delicious, this 20 minute meal is the perfect go-to recipe for a busy weeknight.
Serving: Serves 4
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz Penne Rigate
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add garlic. Cook 1 minute; do not brown.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice.
- Add diced tomatoes with 1/4 cup reserved juice, basil, salt and pepper; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until most liquid is reduced.
- Add cream; heat through on low heat 1 minute or until thickened.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve your penne rosa immediately.