The Italian peach pastries. One of the most famous and delicious Italian pastry recipe!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 whole Large Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Flour (you May Have To Keep Adding Flour Until Firm Enough To Form Balls)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 jar Peach Preserves, 12 Ounce Jar
- 6 ounces, fluid Peach Brandy
- 2 drops Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix together sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Form 1″ balls (cookies should be “flat” on the bottom where they rest on the cookie sheet) and bake about 10-15 minutes (until lightly browned on the bottom).
- While still warm, take a small pointed knife and scoop out a pocket on the flat side of each cookie.
- Fill the hole with preserves and also spread a small amount on the flat sides as you join 2 cookies together to form the “peach”.
- Color the brandy with a little food coloring and using a paint brush, dip the brush in the colored brandy and paint it on the peaches to give them a “blush”. Then roll the peach in granulated sugar.
- You may garnish with artificial leaves for presentation. Otherwise use a clove and put in the seam to create a stem.
Meet Anita Augello – The woman behind all of these Italian favorites.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and stories.
Debbie Criscone10/22/2019 at 8:45 pm
How long will these stay fresh?