This savory pasta dish with a creamy, garlicky flair, accented by strips of prosciutto and young, sweet peas will soon become your favorite weeknight meal.
SERVING: Serves 4-6
- 1 (1-pound) package Pasta (Penne or Farfalle)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup frozen young peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto cotto, cut into short thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream with garlic cloves and peas. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Whisk in butter to incorporate well. Add prosciutto and simmer for another 5 minutes until all ingredients are tender, warmed-through and well combined.
- Add pasta to sauce pan and toss for 2 minutes on medium heat. Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Source and pictures DeLallo