Here is the savory Italian pasta with broccoli and sausage. One of the most famous and delicious recipe from the South of Italy.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 1 lb short pasta
- 7 oz broccoli
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch chili pepper, sweet
- 5 oz pork sausage, fresh
- 1 salted anchovy
- 3 ½ tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Use a knife to make a hole in the sausage casing and peel it off.
- Trim away the leaves and hard part of the stalks of the broccoli, then wash under running water.
- Trim the broccoli so that the florets are all the same size.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and a pinch of baking powder so that the broccoli keep their bright green color.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, add the broccoli and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check to see if the broccoli are done by inserting a knife into the stems.
- Once they can be poked easily, drain and rinse quickly in cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and, once hot, add peeled garlic.
- Once the garlic is golden, add the anchovy, previously washed and deboned.
- Mix together for a couple of seconds, then add the sausage.
- Break it apart with a wooden spoon and cook for 15 minutes, mixing from time to time.
- Then add the broccoli.
- Adjust the salt and pepper.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, then add a pinch of sweet chili pepper and remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in boiling water.
- Once al dente, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and serve immediately.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla