A fantastic and delicious recipe to make soft lemon cornmeal cookies.
Makes 27 cookies
- ½ cup light butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter, oil, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add egg substitute, lemon juice, and zest; mix to combine.
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and nutmeg. Mix just until dough comes together; do not overmix.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log about 1” in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1–2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into ¼” thick slices. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.