Garlic bread is one of the simplest yet most essential of all the Italian appetizers.
I couldn’t imagine a meal without it.
I couldn’t imagine life without it.
It’s amazing that there are a few variations on making this bread.
You could whip the ingredients into the butter and spread it on the bread or you can layer the ingredients step by step.
You can top the bread with herbs and cheese or you can just use garlic.
How ever you decide to make it, it’s still the best way to make new friends and keep your old ones.
Here’s my version. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread or dinner rolls
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of dried basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Mix garlic, oregano and basil into butter.
- Spread the mixture onto the bread.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and broil.
Carefully watch the bread while broiling. Don’t walk away from the stove because it won’t take long before it’s burnt.
Just ask my wife, she’s an expert at making burnt garlic bread.