Fried Spaghetti is something you make using the leftover spaghetti from the night before.
The same spaghetti for a completely different tasting meal.
You’ve always heard people say that some things taste better the next day, well this dish is a perfect example of this.
You can use any type of pasta to make this Fried Spaghetti dish. I prefer the thinner angel hair type pasta but generally I use whatever was left over including mostaccioli, bowtie pasta and shells.
Regular spaghetti works the best if you want to get that nice crisp pie type shape.
I’ll admit that sometimes I won’t wait for leftovers.
I’ll just make some fresh spaghetti, add some gravy and fry it up in the pan with a little olive oil.
This dish is perfect for lunch or dinner even though I’ve been know to have it for breakfast.
SERVING: Serves 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped\
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- Leftover cooked spaghetti with sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk , eggs, cheese, parsley and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the oil and butter until it just begins to foam.
- Mix together the egg mixture and spaghetti.
- Put the spaghetti in the pan and fry for around 5 minutes until the bottom forms a golden brown crust.
- Flip the spaghetti over and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Plat the pie and cut it into wedges.
Source and picture: GreatChicago
Meet Anita Augello – The woman behind all of these Italian favorites.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and stories.