Ciambelline al vino or Christmas Wine Donuts….easy, amazing and delicious!!!
- half cup of red wine
- quarter cup of anise seeds
- half cup of sugar
- half cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- a pinch of cinnamon (if you like it)
- Soak the anise seeds in the red wine for at least half an hour. Then, mix together all the ingredients and work the dough until you obtain a smooth ball.
- Meanwhile, reheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare a bowl with enough white sugar to cover the bottom of it.
- Take small chunks of the dough and make the donut shaped cookies.
- Carefully coat them with the sugar and then position them on the cookie sheet.
- Once you’ve finished the dough, bake the Ciambelline for 20/25 minutes, they must look only slightly golden-brown along the edges.
- Enjoy your wine donuts freshly baked from the oven, or preserve them in a cookie jar. Till the next year.