The gluten-free Italian Christmas cookies. If you love Italian cookies, this is a special recipe for your Christmas table.
These sugar cookies hit the mark for a terrific gluten-free option.
SERVING: 24 cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, shortening and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.On low speed, beat in vanilla and egg. Stir in flour blend, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Divide dough in half; shape each half into disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F.On work surface lightly sprinkled with flour blend, roll each half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness.Cut with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack.Cool completely, about 15 minutes.Stir together Glaze ingredients.Spread on cookies.Sprinkle with additional granulated sugar, if desired.Your christmas cookies can now be enjoyed!