This Chocolate with Ricotta Cheese Torte is definitely a cake for a special occasion.
It is rich and creamy, a bit like a cheesecake.
Your friends and family will love it, especially those “Chocoholics”.
- 1 box (1 lb. 2.25 oz. size) Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 (15 oz.) containers Ricotta Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Framboise Eau De Vie (Raspberry Brandy), or raspberry flavoring (optional)
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
Ingredients you will need to add to cake mix:
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Cake Stencil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Spray sides and bottom of a 10 or 11-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Wrap aluminum foil tightly around bottom and sides of pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package (if desired, you may use olive oil instead of vegetable oil).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and set aside. Do not bake yet.
- With electric mixer at medium speed, blend ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and framboise (optional).
- Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over unbaked batter. Do not mix. The cake rises above the cheese mixture.
- Now place cake pan on a baking sheet (so batter doesn’t leak onto oven floor from removable bottom cake pan), and bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn oven off, leave torta in oven with oven door ajar for one hour. Remove torta to cooling rack, remove foil, and allow to cool completely before releasing it from pan. After torta has cooled, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
If desired, if you have cake stencils, place an attractive stencil over top of torta and sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over stencil. Remove stencil carefully. You will have a pretty design topping this delicious torta.
Source and pictures: DianaDesserts.com