Something special to do with pizzelles!
When making pizzelles my recipe will make around
10 dozen, so I will save a dozen and make this special dessert
which is always a big hit.
SERVING: Serves 6
1 15 OZ CONTAINER RICOTTA – whole milk
¼ CUP MASCARPONE CHEESE
2/3 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
1 ½ TSPS GRATED ORANGE ZEST
1 TSP VANILLA
1/3 CUP CHOCOLATE – semisweet
WHIPPED CREAM – semi sweet
6 TBS CHOPPED TOASTED PISTACHIOS – optional
- Combine ricotta, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, orange zest and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes but if you want to plan ahead this mixture can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- For each napoleon, place 1 pizzelle on a dessert plate. Spread ¼ cup of ricotta mixture over pizzelle.
- Sprinkle generously with 1 teaspoon chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top with dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios, if using, or even with a few mini-chocolate chips.