The Italian Chocolate covered figs. Almonds, figs and dark chocolate make for an irresistible dessert.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 1 ¾ lb dried figs
- 5 oz almonds
- 2 cloves
- 2 ½ oz candied citron
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 ½ oz dark chocolate, grated
- 2 ½ oz sugar
- water to taste
- Slice the figs down the middle without separating them.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a frying pan over low heat, making sure to turn them often.
- Grind the cloves into a powder using the heel of a knife. Dice the citron.
- Place an almond, a pinch of clove powder and a cube of citron on the fig and close.
- Repeat with all of the figs, then arrange in a baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 ° F oven until golden, then remove.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a bain marie together with the cinnamon.
- Dip half of each fig in the chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- Serve, dusted with powdered sugar.
Chocolate covered figs should be stored in a wooden drawer or a tin box lined with waxed paper.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla