Is chicken your favorite meat to eat? Well, here is one truly meant for you, the Chicken Cacciatora. This is a traditional, rustic Italian recipe that is quite satisfying.
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 15 minutes
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 1 chicken
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, medium
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ lb canned tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, green or yellow
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the chicken, then divide into 8 pieces.
- Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and the white pith.
- Then slice into small sticks.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and the butter and, as soon as they have melted, add the onion, finely chopped.
- Once the onion has become golden, add the chicken and brown it evenly on all sides.
- Then add the white wine.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add the peeled tomatoes and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover the pan.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve your chicken cacciatora while hot.
Source: Academia Barilla