This easy cheesy baked ziti recipe is worth it’s weight in gold. It is the perfect comfort food and with a loaf of fresh Italian Bread, you’ve created the perfect dinner for friends and family.
This easy baked ziti recipe is a winner and perfect to make ahead for a family get-togethers. If you refrigerate it, make sure to cook this dish for one hour, not 30 minutes as indicated.
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 TBS garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 52 oz homemade spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz provolone cheese, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 TBS Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 4 quart casserole dish pan well.
Fry the garlic, ground beef, sausage and chopped onion in a skillet. When done, add the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the ziti pasta in salted water until al dente according to package directions.
Layer as follows:
1/2 of the ziti pasta, 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce, 1/2 of the provolone cheese and then ricotta cheese.
- Pour on the remaining spaghetti sauce and then the pasta, provolone, and ricotta. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese and cover completely with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling around the sides of the dish.
- This cheesy baked ziti is now ready to be served!