Here is the best recipe for Italian Cheese balls or Cheese and eggs polpette. One of the most famous and fantastic Italian recipe from Abruzzo.
- ⅝ lb crustless white bread, stale
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 5 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 7 oz grated Pecorino cheese
- tomato sauce to taste
salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the inside of the loaf, the Pecorino cheese and the eggs.
- Complete the mixture by adding the garlic and parsley and form some cheese balls to be fried in hot olive oil.
- The “polpettine” (cheese balls) can served like this, or dressed with a tomato sauce, in which case they should be cooked for a further fifteen minutes or so.
Source: Academia Barilla