One of the most famous and classic Italian recipe.
SERVINGS: Makes 4 servings
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 small bunch of chopped parsley
- 3/4 cups of bread crumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Cut the eggplants in slices 0.39 inches thick lengthwise or crosswise ,blanch them in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, place them on absorbent paper and dry them.
- In a large plate place the bread crumbs, cheese, chopped parsley, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and mix together.
- In a bowl put the eggs and beat vigorously.
- Dip the slices of eggplant in egg and then press them from both sides on the bread crumbs mix.
- Put in a frying pan a little olive oil, let it warm up, lay the eggplant and cook from both sides till golden brown.
- Once cooked, place place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil..serve hot.
Source: Villa Modica