Here is the Italian Baked Cauliflower. One of the most classic Italian recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt for blanching cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic, cut into two or three pieces*
- 1/4 cup of unseasoned bread crumbs
- Chopped parsley to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Fill a large pot about halfway with water and bring to a boil.
3. Add two tablespoons of salt and cauliflower. Boil for 5 minutes and remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon.
4. While the cauliflower is boiling, prepare a bowl with the garlic and olive oil. Add the cauliflower and mix to cover it, then transfer the cauliflower (leaving the garlic behind) to a baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, and cheese. Spread evenly over cauliflower and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake uncovered for about 8 minutes; remove and move around cauliflower a bit. Bake for another 8 minutes or so, or until golden. Serve warm.
* The original recipe calls for minced garlic, but I found this to be a little too garlicky for my taste, so I left the garlic in bigger pieces for us the next time and really enjoyed it.