The Italian Artichokes Cavour. A traditional recipe to make the most of the health-giving properties of the artichoke without neglecting the pleasure of good home cooking.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 8 artichokes
- 1 lemon
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste
- 1 oz butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 salted anchovies
- 1 ¾ oz butter
- Choose small very tender artichokes, clean and peel them and boil them in boiling salted water.
- Drain well, drizzle the artichokes with melted butter and roll them in grated Parmesan cheese.
- Then place them in a pan and in a hot oven (400°F) for a few minutes.
Finally dress with the sauce as follows:
- Finely chop the peeled hard-boiled eggs with a tablespoon of parsley leaves and two anchovies previously rinsed and de-boned.
- Put a small saucepan on the heat with 2 oz of butter until foaming, then blend in the egg-anchovy-parsley mixture.
- Stir well and pour over the artichokes.
- Serve hot.
Source: Academia Barilla