The mixture of apples and pears makes for an original and flavorful cake.
SERVING: Serves 6
- ¾ lb soft wheat flour
- 7 oz butter
- 7 oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 oz milk
- 1 ¼ lb apples
- ⅝ lb pears
- lemon zest, grated
- 1/3 oz baking powder
- Use a mixer or first a wooden spoon and then your hands to mix together the flour, egg, about 2,5 oz of melted butter, about 3,5 oz of sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and milk to make a soft to medium textured dough.
- Roll out the dough into a layer about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place dough across a pie plate, either buttered and dusted with flour or lined with parchement paper.
- Wash and peel the apples and pears.
- Core the fruit and cut into slices.
- Arrange the fruit on top of the dough and sprinkle with the remaining 3,5 oz of sugar and the 1 oz of butter broken into small flakes.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 minutes, then lower to 350°F and bake for another 20 minutes or until the butter and sugar form a light, crisp crust on the fruit.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla