Here is the toothsome Italian anise cookies best recipe. One of the most delicious Italian cookies!
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- ¾ lb all-purpose flour
- ½ lb sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ oz ammonium bicarbonate
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the sugar and honey in a slightly warmed bowl.
- Add the anise essence.
- Sift the flour and baking ammonia and add the mixture to the batter.
- Use a pastry bag with a large, smooth tip to shape loafs on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° F (180° C) for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, slice the loaves and put the slices onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.