Here is the Almond and raisin cookies. If you like Italian cookies, try this fantastic recipe!!
- 170gr (0.75cup – 6oz) flour
- 220gr (0.8 – 7oz) almonds flour
- 150gr (0.6cup – 5oz) sugar
- 160gr (0.7cup – 5.6oz) butter
- 100gr (0.4cup – 3.5oz) raisins
- 1 pinch of salt
- icing sugar
- First of all put raisins in warm water to soften, then squeeze them and dry them with a cloth.
- Mix together both flours, sugar and salt, then add eggs, cold butter and finally raisins. Stir well.
- Place the dough in a polythene bag and leave it in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- For the cooking: now it’s up to you, you can choose between crunchy or soft cookies (I still can’t decide which one I prefer!).
- For soft ones, form little balls (big as a nut) and place them on a baking sheet, then bake at 160°C (310F) for 10-11 minutes (take out when they start colouring on the edges). For crunchy ones, after formed little balls press them lightly and bake at 160°C (310F) for 15-17 minutes (the should be a nice brown colour).
- Sprinkle them with icing sugar when still hot.