Our Hawaiian vacation is winding down and in a few days we will be leaving this beautiful island and returning to the mainland. Our days will be topsy-turvy until we adjust to the time.
In the meantime, it’s Sunday here, so let’s start the day with this delicious breakfast!
SERVING: makes about 16-18 pancakes.
1 ½ CUPS FLOUR
2 TSP BAKING POWDER
½ TSP SALT
½ TSP CINNAMON
1 ½ CUPS BUTTERMILK
1 CUP MASHED RIPE BANANAS
½ CUP CRUSHED PINEAPPLE – drained
1/3 CUP SUGAR
1 EGG – lightly beaten
3 TBS CANOLA OIL
½ CUP PECANS – toasted and chopped
SLICED FRESH BANANAS – for serving
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, mashed ripe bananas, crushed pineapple, sugar, beaten egg and canola oil.
- Gradually stir this mixture into the flour mixture just until all the ingredients are moist and combined. Do not overmix or the pancakes will not be light and fluffy. Fold in the toasted pecans.
- On a pre-heated hot griddle, pour ¼ cup of batter and cook until little bubbles form on top.
- Turn and repeat on other side.
- Place cooked pancakes on an oven-proof plate and keep warm in a 200º oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.
To all who are celebrating this holiday
May the sounding of the Shofar
Be the beginning of a healthy, happy and
Sweet new year filled with
An abundance of joy.