Here’s how to make the perfect Lemon Almond Tart for spring. Somehow lemons and springtime always seem to fit together. This tart recipe is sweet and just the right fit for spring!
For the pastry:
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 tbsp. butter – melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup almonds – toasted and finely ground
- 1 large egg – beaten
For the filling:
- ¾ cup sugar
- juice and zest – from 3 large lemons
- 6 egg yolks
For the Pastry:
- Mix the flour, almonds and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and mix in with a fork until pebble-like pieces are formed.
- Add the egg, salt and mix until well combined until you form a dough.
- Press the dough into the tart pan, pressing the edges to fit. Line the bottom of the pan with foil and fill with 2 cups of pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Remove the foil and pie weights and let it cool.
For the Filling:
- Combine the sugar, lemon juice, zest and egg yolks and beat until all are well combined. Pour into the top of a double boiler with gentle boiling water.
- Whisk constantly for about 20 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let it cool, slightly.
- Reduce the oven heat to 325ºF. Pour the lemon filling into the shell and bake for 15 minutes. Cook it completely.
- You can plate the tart by also topping it with whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.
- You may now serve your perfect Lemon Almond Tart.