The Savory Pork Chops with Cherry Peppers and Potatoes. Pork chops always make my day. I can cook them with my vegetables and they will still taste yummy!
- 2 center cut pork chops – not too thin
- 1 red bell pepper – seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove – chopped
- 1-2 tbs red wine – to taste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 yukon gold potatoes – parboiled
- ½ onion – thickly sliced
- 4 small vinegar cherry peppers – seeded and diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch slices. Liberally sprinkle both sides of the chops with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put a large cast iron pan on the stove over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot enough, put the potatoes in the pan in a single layer and sprinkle with a little sea salt and some pepper.
- Brown the potatoes on both sides, turning carefully and then set aside.
- Add the chops to the pan giving them some space in between so that they will brown nicely. Leave the chops alone until you have a nice crust on both sides. Do not overcook or they will be too dry. They should be a little pink inside.
- Remove the chops from the pan and keep warm. If the pan seems too dry, add a little olive oil, otherwise add the onions and sauté until they are slightly limp and the bell pepper is a little soft.
- Add the cherry peppers and garlic, mix everything together and cook for a few more minutes. Add the vinegar and mix well.
- Remove everything from the pan, raise the heat to high and add the white wine, scraping up all the bits on the bottom of the pan. Let the wine simmer until it is reduced by about one third.
- Put the chops, vegetables and all juices back into the pan just to reheat. Place the chops on serving plates, surrounded by the potatoes, onions and cherry peppers.
- Pour over all any sauce that is left in the pan.
- Serve your savory Pork Chops immediately and pass some crusty Italian bread.