This is how to make sausage and peppers.
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves – finely chopped
- 2 Lbs. Italian Sausage – cut on diagonal
- 1 Lb Peppers – red, yellow and green mixed – sliced in wide strips
- 1 Onion – thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper and Garlic Powder – to taste
- 3 – 4 White or Yukon Gold Potatoes – see note
- In a large skillet combine the olive oil and garlic and cook on low heat for about 2 – 3 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add sausage, peppers and onion and season with salt, pepper and, possibly, additional garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking, until the sausage is fully cooked. Taste again for salt and pepper.
Note: Always serve this dish with some good crusty Italian bread. To make this a very hardy meal, peel 3 or 4 white potatoes, cut into thin wedges, toss with a little salt, pepper and olive oil and add to the pan when adding the sausage and peppers.