We got you for breakfast! Here’s how to make a simple and classic tomato frittata.
- 1 ¼ cups cherry tomatoes – halved length-wise
- 1 ¾ cup diced or shredded fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup heavy cream – room temperature
- 7 large eggs – room temperature
- ½ cup basil leaves – roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt – divided
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler to high and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Heat an 8-inch ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and tomatoes. Season the tomatoes with ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until they are soft and beginning to fall apart. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the heavy cream, basil and remaining salt and whisk all together until light.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes, sprinkle with mozzarella and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the cooked eggs from the sides and bottom of the pan and tilt the pan to allow the raw egg to run underneath.
- Cook for another minute and repeat until there are no runny eggs. Place the whole pan under the broiler and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or just until you are sure the eggs are set.
- Slide the frittata onto a board, slice and serve.
- That’s it! Enjoy your fantastic and fresh tomato frittata.