This recipe makes about 16-18 pancakes.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup crushed pineapple – drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- 3 tbs canola oil
- ½ cup pecans – toasted and chopped
- sliced fresh bananas – for serving
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, mashed ripe bananas, crushed pineapple, sugar, beaten egg and canola oil.
- Gradually stir this mixture into the flour mixture just until all the ingredients are moist and combined. Do not overmix or the pancakes will not be light and fluffy.
- Fold in the toasted pecans.
- On a pre-heated hot griddle, pour ¼ cup of batter and cook until little bubbles form on top.
- Turn and repeat on other side.
- Place cooked pancakes on an oven-proof plate and keep warm in a 200º oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.