Oh my cod! Here is the Cod with Capers and Anchovies. If you’re looking for an easy and punchy fish recipe, you’re in for a treat!
- 2 lbs. salt cod – soaked and drained
- 3 anchovy fillets – soaked, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers – drained, rinsed
- ½ cup dry white wine – a favorite
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh rosemary – for garnish
- Cut the cod into large pieces. Heat the olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the cod fillets and then add the chopped anchovies. Cook over low heat, mashing the anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add the onion and cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cod fillets and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Pour the wine over the fillets then add the capers and simmer all for about 10 minutes.
- Your cod with capers and anchovies dish is ready to serve perfectly for lunch or dinner!