Here is the awesome Lemon Almond Cake. This is an easy to make refreshing dessert with a little crunch and hint of lemon!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup dry polenta
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds
- slivered almonds – for decorating
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- powdered sugar – for dusting
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor or blender, finely grind the almonds. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the ground almond. Add the ground almonds and lemon juice to the polenta/cornmeal mixture.
- Add the olive oil, milk, eggs, and sugar. Blend well then add the almond extract and combine all.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. After which, sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and decorate with some slivered almonds.
- Serve your lemon almond cake and enjoy!