A homemade allioli serves a lot of purpose! This sauce is simply the emulsion of garlic, oil and salt that is perfect to dress your food.
- 1 cup good quality or extra virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves – peeled
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine the garlic with ½ teaspoon of salt (to start) in a food processor and process to a paste.
- With the motor on, drizzle oil through the tube slowly until the sauce thickens.
- Pulse in the lemon juice. Pour into a jar, stir and taste for salt and maybe a little pepper.
- You may now serve your homemade Allioli.
Note: This is excellent and perfect on fish and oven roasted potatoes. Hmmm, and maybe even on pasta! But this is a street-food recipe for patate brava (spicy potatoes) in Spain, one of their most delicious snack. You just have to be a garlic lover to enjoy this dish!