Everyone of us do have a favorite pie. This rich egg coconut custard pie is our son’s favorite, so this pie is for him. Today is his birthday and of course, this will be a part of the food table when the family comes over to celebrate. Happy Birthday Chuck!
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk – whole
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter – softened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs for about 2-3 minutes until nice and frothy. Gradually add the sugar, flour, butter, whole milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and coconut.
- Mix well and pour into the prepared pie crust. You can also mix the ingredients quickly in your blender especially if you’re in a rush.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the top is light brown.
- Top with a little flaked coconut or a sprinkling of nutmeg, if desired.
- Serve this simple and fantastic coconut custard pie. Have a blast!