Make an iconic ratatouille pie with this recipe. Now that local farmers’ markets are open, this is a wonderful and delicious way to support them and to eat your vegetables too!
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped eggplant
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream – drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese – your favorite
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ¾ cup Bisquick or Pioneer baking mix 3 eggs – lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly grease a 10-inch pie dish.
- Cook zucchini, eggplant, tomato, yellow pepper, onion and garlic in butter until crisp but still tender. Stir in the seasonings and mix well. Spread out on the prepared pie dish (preferably glass) and sprinkle your preferred cheese.
- By using a blender or a food mixer, blend the milk, sour cream, eggs and baking mix for 15-20 seconds on high speed. Pour into the pie dish and top with the grated Romano cheese.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve your classic ratatouille pie while warm. This is for you to taste all the flavors and the beautiful cheese of your choice!