The classic and soft ciambella straight out from my Italian cousin’s cookbook. It’s a sweet treat to be enjoyed as a snack with milk, a custard or jam-filled dessert after dinner, or just a little slice of it enjoyed with wine!
- 3 ½ oz. Farro flour – sifted
- ½ baking powder
- 2 eggs – large
- 3 ½ oz. raw honey
- 4 tbsp. vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. water – warm
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together the honey and the olive oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the salt and vanilla powder.
- Pour in the yogurt, mixing well to combine.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, mixing well until all combined.
- Add the warm water then pour the batter into an oiled and floured doughnut (Bundt) pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool, then add the filling of your choice (yogurt, marmalade or cream filling) to the center and top with fresh berries.
Note: This recipe was given to me by a relative in Italy and I thought that this was an interesting recipe in some of its ingredients, so I am sharing this to you. But I did not try it first.