The Perfect Tuscan-Style Roasted Pork. We also call this as “Arrosto di Maiale Stile Toscano” and it’s definitely one of the all-time favorite meals in the family. While we’re roasting the meat in the backyard or in the garden, waiting for it to be done, I get to enjoy wonderful conversation with family and friends. I just love it!
- 4-5 lb. pork loin
- 2-3 garlic cloves – sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and black pepper – freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Make a few incisions in the roast with a sharp knife and insert the garlic slices into them.
- Rub the meat all over with the olive oil and then rub in the garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle all with salt and black pepper.
- Put the roast in an uncovered roasting pan and roast for 10-15 minutes at the high heat.
- Reduce the heat to 350º and roast for 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours, basting frequently with the drippings in the pan. Before removing from the oven, make sure that the roast is done and the juice is not pink.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for a bit and then slice and serve.