Here is Rice with Sweet Sausages. Upgrade your rice with this terrific recipe! We also call this as “riso alla salciccia”.
- 2 cups Arborio rice – do not rinse
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links (at least 10 oz. each)
- 1 cup freshly grated cheese – your choice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- a few fresh basil leaves – torn
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the sausages into small pieces.
- When the butter gets foamy, add the sausages and sauté gently until done, but do not let the butter burn.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rice and cook, checking for doneness at around 16-18 minutes or according to your package directions. The rice should be al dente. Make sure to not overcook and let the rice get too soft or mushy.
- When the rice is done, remove from the heat, and drain thoroughly. Place the rice in a large serving bowl, add the sausages, basil, and grated cheese. Toss gently and serve immediately.
- Serve with a simple salad and crusty Italian bread for a quick and delicious meal. Enjoy!