The Honey Almond Cookies. The kids (and the grown-ups too) will love these delicious honey-almond cookies.
SERVING: Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, honey, butter, and oil in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add extracts and egg white to sugar mixture.
- Beat until well-blended. Stir in flour mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Coat hands lightly with cooking spray; divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 9-inch log.
- Wrap logs individually in plastic wrap; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C. Cut each log into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Press almonds into cookies. Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes or until firm.Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
Meet Anita Augello – The woman behind all of these Italian favorites.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and stories.