The homemade Italian four-cheese pizza. This is amazing version of one of the most wonderful combinations of bread and cheese imaginable.
- 2 oz Provolone cheese
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz Gruyere, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Pecorino cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- ¾ oz fresh yeast
- ½ water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dissolve the yeast in a cup with a little water.
- Sift the flour and form it into a well on a work surface.
- Place the sugar, salt, oil and water in the center.
- Then start incorporating the flour until it has absorbed all the liquid.
- At this point, add the yeast and knead carefully. Continue working the dough until smooth.
- Cover, and let rest for 40 minutes in a warm place.
- Then, roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it is soft and you can cut out 4 pizzas about 9 1/2 in across.
- Create and edge by pressing your thumbs along the dough.
- Place the pizza dough on a floured pizza peel, one at a time.
- Add the toppings and place on a pizza stone in a hot oven (around 400 °F) for 20 minutes.