How could anyone turn down a delicious cream puff?!
Especially ones as good as these!
Definitely make these Homemade Cream Puffs for your next get together- everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softned
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 3 cups powdered sugar, more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large pot, bring butter and water to a boil. Remove post from heat and stir in flour and salt, consistently stirring until the mixture firms up and forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. With hand or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 17 minutes at 425 degrees F. After 17 minutes, reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 5 to 10 min. Centers should be dry. When finished cooking, let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth. When shells are cooled completely, use a pastry bag to pipe filling onto half the shells. Place remaining shell halves on top.
- Melt butter and milk in microwave saft bowl. Add powder sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla. Wisk together and pour into a lage zip lock bag. Cut a small corner off and drizzle chocolate over cream puffs.