If you love drinking eggnog during the Christmas holiday season; love the wonderful combination of the nutmeg and rum flavors, then you’ll love this scrumptious eggnog quick bread.
Serve it to your guests with coffee, tea or even a glass of eggnog.
This also makes a lovely gift for sharing with friends and family during the festive holiday season.
SERVING: Makes 1 (9 x 5-inch) loaf or 2 (6 x 3-inch) loaves.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dairy eggnog
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/4 oz./113g) butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C if making 1 (9-inch) loaf, or 325 degrees F/160 degrees C, if making 2 (6 x 3-inch) small loaves.
- Grease bottom of 1 (9 x 5-inch) or 2 (6 x 3-inch) loaf pans, or line bottoms of pan (s) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, eggnog, melted butter, rum and vanilla extracts; blend well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Add to the batter; stir until just moistened.
- Pour into greased or parchment paper lined pan (s).
- Bake 1 (9 x 5-inch) loaf at 350 degrees F /180 degrees C for 45 to 50 minutes, or bake 2 (6 x 3-inch) loaves at 325 degrees F/160 degrees C for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf (s) comes out clean.
- Cool bread for 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan (s) and let cool completely before slicing.