The Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cookies. These delicious pumpkin cookies can be cut into your favorite shape to make snacking more fun.
SERVINGS: Servings 4
- ⅝ lb Italian “00” flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 oz potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ lb pumpkin
- 4 ½ oz butter
- 4 ½ oz sugar
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh (or powdered)
- 1 pinch vanilla, in powder
- confectioners sugar to taste
- unsweetened cocoa powder to taste
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and bake in a 350°F oven until soft and easily poked with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and then scrape the flesh from the skin.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a blender and puree.
- Equally divide the pureed pumpkin into two bowls.
- To one bowl, add the ginger and to the other the vanilla.
- Divide the remaining ingredients (excluding the powdered sugar and cocoa powder) in half.
- Add one half to the pumpkin with ginger and the other half to the bowl of pumpkin and vanilla.
- Cover the bowls with a dishtowel and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is around ¾ of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into your favorite shapes, using a knife or cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a 300°F for 30 minutes.
- Once the cookies are done, remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
- Once cool, dust the vanilla cookies with cocoa powder and the ginger cookies with powdered sugar.
Source: Academia Barilla