May you have
Warm hugs to greet you
Fun times to meet you
Joy in whatever you do
God’s love to guide you
Good friends beside you
Happiness all the year through!
A Grolla is a multi-spouted ornately carved, wooden bowl with a small lid. They are always round and usually shallow with an interior capacity for holding liquid proportioned to the number of spouts.
Drinking from the Grolla Cup has been a tradition in our family when we can all be together for a holiday or a special occasion. Sipping from the Grolla is a symbol of friendship. Hope you will try to experience it with your family and friends.
- 3 Oz Brandy
- 2 Oz Bourbon
- 1 Oz Grand Marnier
- 1 Oz Sambuca
- 12 Cups Espresso
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- Make the Espresso and keep it hot.
- Add all the liquor together in a small pot and bring it slowly to a boil.
- Put the hot coffee in the Grolla, add the sugar and then add the hot liquors.
- Pass the Grolla around, taking sips, as you wish each other good luck in the form of Cent Anni, Salute, Merry Christmas, etc.
- The Grolla should be seasoned with hot coffee before its initial use or if it has not been used for a long time.
- Fill the Grolla with hot coffee and let it set overnight.
- Drain coffee and rinse with hot water before filling with the Grolla mixture. Never use soap.
- Rinse after each use with hot water and store with the lid on.
Wishing you and those you hold dear a very Blessed Christmas,
Anita and Family