The Grissini Italian Breadsticks. Light and crispy, grissini are an ideal appetizer or can be served with dinner.
- 1 ½ lb wheat flour
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ oz salt
- ¾ oz fresh yeast
- 1 ½ cups water
- durum wheat flour to taste
- Knead the mixture of wheat flour, extra-virgin olive oil, a little salt, yeast and water for at least half an hour.
- Then divide the dough into the required number of pieces and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Make quite long rolls. Place them on a damp pastry board.
- Flatten the rolls out with your hands and allow to rise.
- Then cut out stripes of dough, place them on a layer of semolina then “stretch them” by hand at arms-length, so that they take on the typical shape of breadsticks.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) until cooked.
- Enjoy your The Grissini Italian Breadsticks.
Source Academia Barilla