The great sugar-free Italian tiramisu. One of the most famous and delicious Italian dessert in a sugar-free version!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 2 cups sponge cake slices
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Sugar free chocolate bar for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- Beat the egg yolks over boiling water.
- Add cottage cheese, sour cream, erythritol, and stevia to egg yolks. Mix well with a hand mixer.
- Add coffee powder to 1 cup of warm water. Add cake slices and let them get moist.
- Arrange half of cake slices in a spring form tin. Add half of the cheese mix over cake slices. Repeat this process once more.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cake using a sieve. Allow to cool in a refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and strawberry slices.
You may choose any cake as the base, preferably vanilla or sponge cake.
Add the egg yolks to the mixing bowl
Heat water in a pan smaller than the bowl with eggs. Place the egg bowl over the smaller water pan and cook the egg yolks whisking it continuously for 2 -3 minutes (similar to double boiler)
Add cottage cheese to the mix.
Add sour cream to the mix.
Then add erythritol and stevia to the mix.
Mix all ingredients well, until smooth with an electric mixer.
Add coffee powder to a cup of warm water.
Add pieces of cake to coffee and water mix.
Arrange half of cake slices in a spring form tin.
Add half of the cheese mix over cake slices.
Add the remaining cake slices on top of the cheese mix.
Then add rest of the cheese mix over cake slices.
Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cake using a sieve.
Allow to cool in a refrigerator for 4-6 hours. Garnish with grated chocolate and strawberry slices.
Your Italian tiramisu can now be served.