Grandma’s spinach and ricotta pie is a rustic pie, very easy and quick to prepare.
An excellent alternative to the heavier versions with cheese and cream.
It can be served either hot or cold, as main course along with a soup or as starter served in slices.
You can unleash your creativity and add some additional ingredients to make it more tasty and colorful, such as fresh or dried tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, sweetcorn.
- Puff or brisee pastry
- 500 gr of spinach
- 300 gr ricotta
- Parmesan cheese
- ½ spoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Boil the spinach in salted water until cooked and squeeze them to prevent the cake from being too watery. Let them cool down.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the ricotta, salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add the spinach and mix together.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and keep stirring.
- Roll out the pastry into an oiled baking pan and pour the mixture.
- Decorate the top of the cake with little pastry stripes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Grandma’s spinach and ricotta pie can be served either cold or hot.