Grandma’s enticing rolled Italian meatloaf. Not much harder to make than plain meatloaf, this dressed-up version is nice enough for company.
SERVINGS: Serves 8
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 3/4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded 6 cheese Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix ground beef, sausage, egg, 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce, the bread crumbs and pepper.
- On foil, pat mixture to 12×8-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese; gently press into meat.
- Top with spinach. Starting at short end, roll up tightly, using foil to start roll and tucking in spinach leaves; seal ends.
- Place seam side down in ungreased 12×8-inch (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour. Spread remaining pizza sauce over top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in meatloaf reads 160°F.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.