Here is grandma’s Piemontese-style stuffed peppers. A flavorful version of a traditional Italian classic directly from Piemonte, in the Northern Italy.
SERVINGS: Serves 8
- 4 bell peppers
- ¾ lb ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 ½ oz canned tuna
- 3 desalted anchovies
- 1 sprig parsley
- breadcrumbs to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt to taste
- 5 leaves of basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- water to taste
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the stem and seeds using the tip of a knife, and wash them.
- For the filling: drain the tuna and break it apart; chop the anchovies into small pieces together with the parsley; cut the basil into little strips.
- In a bowl mix together the two eggs with the egg yolk, oregano, grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, ricotta, tuna, anchovies and basil.
- Stuff the peppers with the mix and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Place the peppers onto a baking pan, with a little of oil and water.
- Bake in a 400° F oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve the peppers warm or cold, as you prefer.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla