Here is my Grandma’s Macaroni and Cheese recipe. One of the most famous Italian-American recipe from my Grandma’s Memories.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 4 cups fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c milk
- 4-5 slices of white American cheese,in Italy use Sottilette
- salt to taste
- Prepare pasta in salted boiling water and remove when rather al dente.
- In the meantime, in a pot big enough to hold all the pasta, melt butter and then stir in milk and cheese torn into pieces on low heat.
- Drain pasta and add to milk mixture, stirring well to coat.
- At this point, adjust for all the ingredients and salt.
- It is ready when the cheese has melted completely.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for three to five minutes before serving.
- If you want, add ground pepper.