Limoncello Zabaglione is a delicious light dessert that compliments any meal.
Just when you thought you couldn’t make zabaglione taste any better along comes Limoncello.
Limoncello is the lemon flavored liquor produced in the Southern part of Italy.
True Limoncello is made from the Sorrento lemons grown overlooking the Mediterranean.
A chilled shot after dinner is almost as good as any Italian dessert.
Not really, but it’s that good.
Yes you could use your own homemade limoncello, but for this dessert recipe I’ll use a high quality limoncello like Caravella or Pallini.
You should be able to purchase this liquor at major stores or online.
- 24 raspberries
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of limoncello
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Place 4 raspberries in 6 dessert glasses. Bring water to a boil in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Place the yolks, egg and sugar on the top double boiler.
- Whisk for about 3 minutes.
- Bring water to a simmer.
- Place the egg mixture over the water.
- Whish for about 10 minutes.
- Add the limoncello and the cream and whisk 10 more minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and cool down
- Spoon the zabaglione over the berries.
- Chill and serve. Serves 6 people.