Here is grandma’s lentil soup best recipe. If you like Italian soup, this is a special Grandma’s recipe for you!!!
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: Serves 6
- 1 lb lentils
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ oz butter
- 2 ½ oz desalted anchovies
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 leaves of sage
- 7 oz canned tomatoes
- bread slice
- 3 ½ oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Cook the lentils in about 8 1/2 cups of boiling, lightly salted water and keep them hot in their cooking liquid.
- In a casserole containing the oil and butter, lightly brown the chopped mixture, then toss in the anchovy fillets, after reducing them to a pulp in a mortar, and at almost the same time, the tomato.
- Bring to the boil and continue cooking over moderate heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the lentils, mix, and leave to gain flavor for some minutes, douse with their cooking liquid, adjust the salt and bring to the boil.
- Distribute the slices of bread in soup plates, cover in grated Parmesan, pour over the hot soup and serve.
Source: Academia Barilla